Pigskin Header

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sidelined for now

I am really excited about this first game against Palo Duro Friday night. I have actually never played football with this group. Now, I’ve lived in Amarillo my entire life. But I made the move from band. Coach Parker talked to me last year about playing and said I could help out.

So after marching at halftimes, I was looking forward to playing. I hurt myself in spring training and had to have shoulder surgery. I’m doing minor weight lifting and building up strength in my shoulder.

I had been looking forward to this game all summer but I will not be able to suit up. I will be on the sidelines wearing my jersey and jeans. It’s kind of sad for me. But I’m hoping to be in uniform soon.

Note from sports editor Lance Lahnert: Thomas is a 6-foot-6, 300-pound senior who played in the Tascosa band the past three years where he was a first chair baritone. He suffered a shoulder injury last spring requiring surgery but is expected back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment