Pigskin Header

Friday, November 6, 2009

Ready to go out with a bang

Hey Rebs,

Tonight is shaping up to be a great game - it's our senior night as well as our last game of the year - and we're ready to fight harder than ever for a good end to our season. It's time to go out with a bang, and we have the motivation to do it... I think I speak for everyone in the entire school when I say, "I am tired of losing games."

The implications of tonight are greater, in my opinion, than any other game we've had all year. This game is a kickoff for next year's seniors, and a farewell for my own classmates. This game will determine the confidence of next year's football program as a whole. We have to win.

By the end of tonight, no matter what happens, we seniors will be cleaning out our lockers and looking towards college, and the juniors will be moving up for next year. It's kind of hard to believe that we won't be showing up at 7:30 for practice in the mornings anymore... It's something our bodies have grown to expect, but our minds know better... Sleeping in during the week will, I feel sure, be an entirely new concept.

The bus is pulling out now and it's time to get ready for battle.

See you in a few hours, Rebs,
Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment